Have you considered getting involved in the Lake Hume Cycle Challenge (LHCC) as a volunteer?
Why volunteer to help this event?
The Lake Hume Cycle Challenge (LHCC) is organised and run entirely by volunteers. Volunteer support, along with our valued sponsors, is critical to running this quality event, at minimal cost to riders; and raise substantial funds for worthy local Albury-Wodonga community causes.
Volunteering for the LHCC provides you an opportunity to:
- Be part of a team;
- Meet like-minded people and make new friends;
- Contribute in a meaningful way to your community; and
- Enjoy a fun day out at picturesque Lake Hume and the surrounding area.
The LHCC is conducted annually and is the premiere community participation cycle event in the region. It is run by a small organising team consisting of volunteers from the Rotary clubs of Bellbridge Lake Hume and Albury North, and general community people passionate about cycling and raising funds in support of our local community.
It takes many more people than just the Rotary club’s members to make an event the size of the LHCC a success. Our volunteers are from all backgrounds and enjoy giving of their time and being part of a community-based event. Many of the volunteers are friends or family members of entrants and want to get involved and share in the event experience, or belong to a local club or community group.
In return for your time as a volunteer you will receive a well-earned THANK YOU from the LHCC organising team, all the other people involved in running the event; and of course, from the riders. The best of all though, the satisfaction of knowing that you have been part of a great day that has raised $$$$$ to help Albury Wodonga Regional Cancer Centre patients and their families.
How can you help before the day?
We need people, who are able to assist with a number of tasks before the day of the rides. These include:
- Promotion ambassadors – In your town, workplace, sporting club, etc;
- New technologies – to improve registration of entrants and event experience;
- Social media advocate and management;
- Database management (eg. photos);
- Grant applications;
- Sponsorship opportunities and partnerships;
- Site setup; and,
- General assistance (ie. anything).
How can you help on the day?
We need people who are able to assist with a number of tasks on the day of the rides. These include:
- Cheer squads,
- Course marshals,
- Check in of riders,
- Photography/Video, including aerial (i.e. drone) footage,
- Ride activities – Promote atmosphere of enjoyment and fun,
- Sale of merchandise,
- Setup and serving of on course refreshments;
- Signage – Putting out before, and retrieval after, the ride,
- Equipment collection and return,
- Start/Finish area – Setup, rider assistance and pack down,
- General assistance (i.e. anything),
Volunteers are covered by Rotary’s accident insurance cover during the event as an officially organised and operated Rotary Event. Full details on the cover are available from the volunteer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in volunteering, find the form below
Get on the LHCC volunteer list
Please complete the details in the form below indicating tasks you are interested in assisting with; and approximately when you may be able to give time as a volunteer for the LHCC.
If you are also interested in joining the LHCC organising team to help with planning, marketing and sponsor acquisition simply let the Volunteer Coordinator know at email@example.com